Our Specialized Services
Our services here at South Ga Family Care consist of a variety of options that are geared towards making each client feel as much comfort as possible. Here are some of the services and treatments we offer here at South Ga Family Care.
Our experienced and caring staff of aides and nurses will provide mostly any kind of home care you and your loved one may need, including but not limited to:
- Kitchen/Wash Dishes
- Clean Bedroom/Bathroom
- Mop, Sweep, and/or Vacuum
- Empty Trash
- Linens (Change)
Assist clients with bathing. Home services workers may assist individuals who are unable to be bathed in a tub or shower only when the following requirements are met:
- The home services worker shall have been trained in the particular methods required to perform a bed bath;
- The client or client’s representative shall be able to participate in or direct the bathing process and provide ongoing feedback to the home services worker; and
- The agency shall have conducted a competency evaluation of the home services worker’s ability to employ the methods required to perform a bed bath.
Assist in and perform mouth care. This may include denture care and basic oral hygiene, including oral suctioning for mouth care.
Assist a client with dressing. This may include assistance with ordinary clothing and application of support stockings of the type that can be purchased without a physician’s prescription.
Assist a client with exercise. Passive assistance with exercise is limited to encouraging normal bodily movement, as tolerated, on the part of the client, and to encouragement with a prescribed exercise program.
Assistance with feeding. When the client can independently swallow and be positioned upright.
Assist with the maintenance and appearance of their hair. Hair care within these limitations may include shampooing with non-medicated shampoo or shampoo that does not require a physician’s prescription, drying, combing and styling hair.
Assist with nail care. May include soaking of nails, pushing back cuticles without utensils, and filing nails. No nail trimming.
- Accompany to Appointments
- Respite Care
- Provide Relief for the Family or Caregiver Activities/
- Ambulation (Included in both Personal Support Services and Companion Services)
Assist a client with shaving only with an electric or a safety razor.
Assist a client to/from the bathroom; provide assistance with bed pans, urinals, and commodes; provide pericare; or change clothing and pads of any kind used for the care of incontinence.
- A home services worker may empty or change external urine collection devices, such as catheter bags or suprapubic catheter
- A home services worker may empty ostomy bags and provide assistance with other client directed ostomy care only when there is no need for skilled skin care or for observation or reporting to a nurse.
Assist with transfers only when the client has sufficient balance and strength to reliably stand and pivot and assist with the transfer to some extent. Adaptive and safety equipment may be used in transfers, provided that the client is fully trained in the use of the equipment and can direct the transfer step by step. Adaptive equipment may include, but is not
- limited to,
- wheelchairs, tub seats, and grab Gait belts may be used as a safety device for the home services worker as long as the worker has been properly trained in their use. A home services worker shall not assist with transfers when the client is unable to assist with the transfer. Home services workers may assist clients in the use of a mechanical or electrical transfer device only when the following conditions are met:
- The home services worker must have been trained in the use of the mechanical or electrical transfer device by the licensed agency;
- The client or client representative must be able to direct the transfer step by step; and
- The agency must have conducted a competency evaluation of the worker using the type of device that is available in the home.
Assist a client with medication reminding only when medications have been pre-selected by the client, a family member, a nurse, or a pharmacist and are stored in containers other than the prescription bottles, such as medication minders. Medication minder containers shall be clearly marked as to day and time of dosage.
Medication reminding includes: inquiries as to whether medications were taken; verbal prompting to take medications; handing the appropriately marked medication minder container to the client; and opening the appropriately marked medication minder container for the client if the client is physically unable to open the container. These limitations apply to all prescription and all over-the-counter medications. The home services worker shall immediately report to the supervisor any irregularities noted in the pre-selected medications, such as medications taken too often or not often enough, or not at the correct time as identified in the written instructions.
If services include use of the client’s personal funds:
The Agency will obtain an authorization from the client/responsible party, for access to personal funds when grocery or other shopping services are to be provided and when those services include assistance with bill paying or any activities, such as shopping, that involve access to or use of client funds.
Your needs are important to us
Our office team will be able to assist you and your family with the care and support you deserve. Whether it’s for just a few hours a day (4 hour minimum) or 24 hours a day, your time with your caregiver will be worry-free.
We will work with you to create a customized plan of care, and manage it every step of the way. Our experienced team of care management specialists, RNs, and friendly companions who can provide transportation if needed are there to ensure the highest quality of care is consistently provided.
Peace of Mind for Our Clients and Their Families
When routine tasks become too much to handle alone, South Ga Family Care offers hourly services to assist our clients with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, cooking, cleaning, medication reminders, errands and much more. By helping with daily activities, our hourly home caregivers enable clients to maintain their normal routines and independence, while staying in the comfort of their home.
Our professional caregivers are dedicated to the overall wellbeing of their clients. We are on call to serve you 24/7, so help is available immediately. There is no long-term commitment with hourly home care from South Ga Family Care. Use our services for as long as you need them
Each caregiver is experienced in caring for seniors and undergoes a thorough background check to ensure the safety of our clients. To maintain professionalism our live-in caregivers are only allowed at the client’s home during assigned hours and must have their own separate residence. They are strictly forbidden from using their client’s property for personal use.
We make it our everday goal to make sure that each client, not only benefits, but also feels a little more joy and peace by the service we bring along with our “whatever the client needs” attitude. We plan on setting our service apart from other agencies, by simply striving to always input and insert graceful and comforting treatment.